Day 1 - Golden Circle Your tour will start with the very popular Golden circle. You’ll visit all the must see location of this popular route: Thingvellir National Park, Geysir Geothermal Area and Gullfoss Waterfall. Your hotel is located in the Golden Circle.
Day 2 - South Coast & Glacier Hike In your next destination, you’ll visit the waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, the unmissable Reynisfjara black sand beach with its basalt columns. Then, add glacier hiking to your booking. Included: Glacier Hiking Tour. Spend the night in the South.
Day 3 - South Coast & Ice Caves You’ll visit a remarkable blue ice cave with an experienced glacier guide. Next you’ll see the popular Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and the Diamond beach. Included: Ice Cave Tour. Spend the night in the South.
Day 4 - Eastfjords and night in Egilsstadir Your destination for the day is the remarkable Eastfjords. You’ll pass through Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstadaskógur and see lake Lagarfljót, home of a terrifying water monster. Optional Extra: Horseback Riding Tour. You’ll spend the night in a town in the Eastfjords.
Day 5 - Lake Mývatn Traveling to the North You’ll visit lake Mývatn with its unique nature baths, which are centered around a large lagoon. Explore lava fields of Dimmuborgir and Námaskard. Optional extra: VÖK Baths Entrance. Spend the night in Akureyri.
Day 6 - North Iceland After visiting the beautiful North and its capital Akureyri you’ll continue with Hauganes, a tiny village where you’ll have an optional Whale Watching. Next you’ll see Hvítserkur, a popular rock formation, “the dragon drinking water”. Included: Whale Watching Tour. You’ll spend the night in Borgarnes.
Day 7 - West Iceland Now you’ll be heading to the West of Iceland to explore stunning attractions such as Deildartunguhver, Europe’s most powerful hot spring, Hraunfossar and Barnafossar waterfalls and Reykholt, which holds a significant historical heritage. Optional extra: Lava Cave Tour. You will spend the night in Borgarnes.
Day 8 - Snæfellnes & West The final day of your tour will be spent in the magnificent Snæfellsnes peninsula in West Iceland. First you’ll visit Djúpalónssandur. The unmissable and iconic mountain Kirkjufell awaits you next with its picturesque features. At the end of your journey you’ll arrive in Reykjavík in the evening.
✓ 8 day guided tour to the South Coast, East and North of Iceland as well as Snæfellsnes Peninsula, travelling via the Ring Route
✓ 7 nights of accommodation in various country hotels with breakfast and a private bathroom
✓ Northern Lights spotting
✓ Ice Cave Tour
✓ Glacier Hike
✓ Hauganes Whale Watching
• Camera • Warm clothes (first layer)
• Waterproof clothing (second layer)
• Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
• Swimsuit and a towel
• Joy and happiness!
• Customers travelling on their own will receive a single room. Reservations for 2 people will be allocated a double room. For bookings of 3 or more, triple rooms will automatically be allocated. For example, a group of 8 will receive 2 triple rooms and 1 double. If these arrangements do not meet your requirements, please contact the provider.
• The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and therefore cannot be guaranteed, but this itinerary is designed to maximise your chances to see them if weather allows. Please be advised that there is no specific Northern Lights hunt on this tour, but your guide will notify you if the conditions are favourable and advise you on how to best spot them.
• It can happen, in the case of extreme weather, that an activity is cancelled. If your chosen activity is cancelled, we will assist you with rearranging or booking other activities when possible, and any potential price difference will be refunded to you.
• Note that Icelandic roads and pavements can be slippery in the wintertime. We recommend you bring shoes with slip-resistant soles or ice-grip shoe covers. The covers can be purchased in most supermarkets and gas stations around the country.
• Please note that only pick up and drop-off from designated pick up locations in the greater capital area is available, not from Keflavík International Airport. Therefore, we do not recommend attempting to start this tour on your arrival day in Iceland. Arrival time back to Reykjavík at the end of your tour can vary depending on weather and traffic.